Saturday, October 11, 2008

Preparing for the Ande Dive


DSC_1662
Originally uploaded by tiswango.
Getting ready to dive the Mulphin and Rankin, I had some interesting email debates with my team. I found that I had some assumptions that my teammates didn't . The debate didn't really boil down to whose right and wrong so much as two stubborn people were arguing for acknowledgement.

When choosing gasses for 170ft dive and 120ft dive it was trimix and 21/35 all the way with 50% deco. In fact I offered. For the experience cave diver, 32% and 100% deco was a fine strategy proven over and over again in Ginnie. The difference being that Ginnie, with exception of water level, doesn't change. The ocean is constantly changing and many factors can affect a dive plan.

Oceanic dive plans can change on a dime. I knew WPB offered even more intense issues of current, black water, wave height and surge. Not to mention the possibility of an unfriendly fishing boat covering our dive site.

With this in mind 21/25 with 50% for the first dive and 100% for the 2nd dive became the plan.

On the surface interval David wanted to see how he'd look in an Optima?

No comments: