Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Butterfly Garden


IMG_1013
Originally uploaded by tiswango.
Andrea wonders where I get these ideas and the passion to follow them? So after reading up on bird watching, I got hooked on the idea of butterfly gardening. I'll blog more on the birds later. I've been reading up on books, reviewing plant lists, making drawings of the free land around the townhouse in attempts to plan, plant, and landscape a nice butterfly garden. I love the ideo of soul or purpose to the plants besides pretty and low maintanence. Our last trip to was to take a look at their butterfly garden and cross reference the plants on my list to see what they look like and how big they get. Descriptions in books and pictures only go so far. I really like the read pentas pictured here. With my camera I got distracted by all the butterflies. This one would not stop moving it wings! Now I have to work on the ID of the butterfly. I believe my obsessive complusiveness from fish id has mutated into bird and butterfly id. :)

No comments: