Saturday, February 03, 2007

Hospital Slang by Matthew


P2031294
Originally uploaded by tiswango.
Bring in the NICU and Intermediate Care I've come up with a list of slang to make it more fun to talk about baby stuff.

Once they pull than babies out, the staff puts them in the "Broiler". The open table with heat lamps. From there the staff puts them in the "oven" as pictured here where the babies stay until they can maintain their own body heat. If the baby has Jaudice, they put a UV light over the oven, so I call it the "Microwave" even though with the little google over the eyes its more of a "fake and bake" tanning saloon.

The next step is to the clear plastic crib which I now call the "Cassrole Dish" as they look like they are ready to eat.

Holding and managing the IV tube and three senors with wires is pain when trying to cuddle with the baby. The IV I know call the "turkey baster" and monitor cable is the "Remote Control".

I've often referred to the boys not properly "storying their long hose and light cord".

As usaual I have all the nurses laughting when they are helping me "valet" the babies (change diapers).

While one nurse was helping the baby next to Everett, it busts out a big screaming cry, the nurse was great fun in her voice said, "If you don't like it, file a complaint with my supervisor!"

While things are not going perfectly, we are having great fun in this experience!

No comments: