Friday, February 16, 2007

Looking up thru 3 decks on Tenneco East

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiswango/sets/72157594530618529/

Jody was in town Sunday so Ron, Skids, Ralph and I headed out for the Andro, just outside Haulover inlet. The ocean was less than a foot and 5 boats were anchored up to it or near so heck, whats another 5 miles?

We cruised up to Tenneco and dove the East tower first. 60-80ft of vis depending on the sunlight. Big Cobia, or (baby tiger shark if you ask Skids) on the tower along with a baby Goliath the size of a nice Black. Also found a Red grouper in the sand. I swam right over a nurse shark in the debris and he took off right as I noticed him.

Then we dove the West tower and it was not a good during the day. I spent most of the dive chasing grunts out of the center of it.

We did back to back 25 minute dives with 1 hour surface interval on 32%.

I was very happy on how the photos came out! I'm ready for some night dives this summer!

--Matt

No comments: