Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stitches Macro


Stitches Macro
Originally uploaded by tiswango.
Sorry I couldn't resist posting a photo of my incision from the CTS Release. The pain is minor and its not as bad as I thought it would be. I just have a hard time remembering that I have not power in that hand. Untwisting jars and opening things is the hardest. I can pick up the boys, but putting Nathan down today really stressed something out and tweaked me good.

The pain is really based on the incision in my hand healing. I can open my hand, but when I reach the point of needing muscles or room the stretch it starts to hurt. My wrist is still slightly black and blue, but it is feeling much better.

I can shower and wash the wound, but I have to keep in a dry during the day. I enjoyed going 5 days without a shower. Its something I can't remember the last time I did. I did sneak in a haircut and get an shampoo at the halfway point.

Looking at my hand I feel like a stunt double for Frankenstein. I can observe it objectively without a problem. When I start to think of it as "my" hand, it starts to weird me out in my head.

Wednesday I get the stitches taken out. Andrea told me that it won't be painful, but I will "feel" the thread coming out. I'll have to brave it out and write more on the experience.

The cool thing is learning all the things I can do with my left hand. I haven't had any problems moving the mouse to my left hand. The biggest accomplishment was learning how to, um, *cough* clean myself left handed. Brushing my teeth feels really weird, but I got the hang of that too. I can still write softly. Try using your other hand for everything for a day. Its fun!

No comments: